Admission Procedure For Preschool
- All applicants must secure an Assessment Form from the Preschool Department Head’s Office.
- Submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office with the following documents for verification:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of valid Residence Permit or QID of the child and the parents
- Copy of the child’s Passport
- Once verified, proceed to the Accounting Office for the assessment fee.
- Return the completed form with the receipt to the Preschool Department Head’s Office for the assessment schedule.
- The child must take the assessment on the set schedule.
- The Office of the Preschool Department Head will release the result immediately after the assessment. The said office will interview and assign the child’s level.
- For those qualified, fill out the Reservation Form and proceed to the Accounting Office for the payment.
- Nursery Level – 3 years old by July 1 of the current year
- Kindergarten Level – 4 years old by July 1 of the current year
- Preparatory Level – 5 years old by July 1 of the current year
- The test will be administered by the Guidance officer and preschool teachers assigned by the department head.
- Applicants are expected to report at the Testing Room at least 10 minutes before the scheduled test. Late comers will not be entertained.
- Assessment will be from Monday to Thursday at 1:30- 2:30PM. Rescheduling of test will be allowed if the applicant is sick and has presented a medical certificate from the attending physician.
- The following areas will be considered during the assessment process.
- Attention Span – can he/she sit for 10-15minutes?
- Socialization skills – can he/she get along with others?
- Communication skills
- Competence – can he/she understand and follow directions?
- Self-Discipline – can he/she finish a given task on his own?
- Self –Tolerance – can he/she participate in group activities?
- The school also takes into account the following instances:
- Willingness of the parents to collaborate actively with the school in the education and formation of the pupil; which includes parents’ acceptance of and compliance with the school policies
- Willingness of the student and parents to be involved in the different school activities