Philippine International School is registered as an International Private School at the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in Qatar. Accordingly, it follows the requirements of the Ministry, which state that the Arabic language and Islamic Studies must be taught to the native Arabic speakers.
This program is offered 4 hours per week for all grades where the four areas of language (speaking, listening, reading and writing) are covered in interactive ways using different resources to provide quality language instruction by fostering the development of high quality sustainable Arabic language program for 21st century language learners.
HOSSAM MOHAMED ABDELNABI
Our mission is to strengthen and reinforce the status of the Arabic language by supplying and nourishing creative, high standard and active learning possibilities for every student through caring and representing the Arabic language.
Our ambition is to prepare generations that become proficient in the Arabic language and acquire necessary research skills.
Our Basic Objectives:
- To help expand and establish a sense of pride in the Arabic Language.
- Enhancing linguistic skills of students and their performance of the four basic language skills.
- Increasing the level of students and teachers.
- Considering the link between the modern and ancient, with a comprehension of the linguistic and literary heritage of the ancestors; while exploring what modernists have made in the field of Language.
- To gain benefit from re-reading the same heritage but with a new vision.
- Respect for religious, national, and human values.
The Ministry of Education and Higher Education Curriculum has three compulsory subjects:
- Arabic Language
- Islamic Studies
- Qatari History (From 1st grade to 9th grade)
Ms. Djamila Maafa
Ms. Kawther Zediri