The Fall Model United Nations (MUN) Conference at Georgetown University-Qatar, held from September 28 to September 30, 2023, marked a significant event in the world of diplomacy and international relations. The conference brought together delegates from various schools and backgrounds to discuss pressing global issues, promote diplomacy, and enhance their public speaking and negotiation skills. Among the participants, Philippine International School-Qatar (PIS-Qatar) sent two delegations consisting of six delegates each from both the Senior High School and Junior High School levels.
During the second day of the conference, an Open Mic Party was organized, adding a vibrant cultural dimension to the event. Our PISQian delegates took center stage, wearing traditional Filipino attire, and delivered a mesmerizing performance. Their act was a captivating blend of traditional and modern dance and song numbers, showcasing the rich cultural heritage of the Philippines.
PISQ Delegates’ Achievements:
Senior High School Delegates
- Amanda Sofia S. Costan – Honorable Mention
- Walfred Wayne P. Zurbano – Honorable Mention
- Mark Erwin P. Pesino – Outstanding Diplomacy
- Maria Beatrice B. Endaya – Best Delegate
- Marian Lovie A. Francia – Best Delegate
Junior High School Delegates
- Maria Alessandra B. Endaya – Honorable Mention
- Veronika Bianca G. Millena – Honorable Mention
- Klyde Steeven C. Manalang – Honorable Mention
- Princess Anne C. Saguisa – Outstanding Diplomacy
The Fall Model United Nations Conference at Georgetown University-Qatar provided an invaluable learning experience for students from Philippine International School-Qatar. The achievements of PISQian delegates, with several receiving awards for their outstanding performance, reflect the dedication, preparation, and diplomacy skills nurtured within the school’s MUN program.